Cost Advantages of My Healthcare Recruit
According to the Migration Advisory Committee (2016), 10% of the nursing budget is currently spent on agency staff – equating to £1bn/year, or 1% of the NHS total budget.
By recruiting a permanent nurse via my Healthcare Recruit you can:
- Save £39,000 annually on an agency locum nurse
- Save £15,500 annually on a bank nurse
- Recoup all your hiring costs within 12 weeks of employing an agency locum nurse, and within 24 weeks of employing a bank nurse
Annual salaries have been calculated on the following assumptions:
- Hourly cost for agency locum and bank nurses has been calculated as £39/ hour and £27/ hour respectively, according to the MAC advisory report on Nursing, 2016.
- It is assumed that agency (locum and bank) roles will be required 37.5 hours per week for 52 weeks of the year.
- NHS salaries have been calculated as £25,500 (mid-point of a Band 5 salary)
Interview Travel costs have been calculated at an estimate of £3000 per applicant hired (Telegraph, Sept 2015)
Relocation costs have been calculated based on standard relocation procedure costs. Specifics are available on request.